Unless otherwise indicated, the terms stated below correspond to the terms defined in the General Terms and Conditions of use of the Website.
Any person using the services of COL&MACARTHUR accepts that their personal data are collected and processed, in accordance with the information set out below. In particular, you agree that we may collect, use, disclose, store and protect your personal information as described below. If you do not provide the required information, it may be the case that you will be unable to use all the services offered.
Privacy – Non-disclosure
To use certain services offered, you must communicate your email address and a password, as well as other personal data where appropriate. This information is not visible to the other Users.
COL&MACARTHUR, as well as all related companies, its agents and its representatives, undertake to process the data in accordance with the Act of 8 December 1992 relating to the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data.
The controller of the collected data is SPRL COL & MACARTHUR, whose registered office is at RUE DU PONT 8/A - 4690 ROCLENGE-SUR-GEER, registered in the CBE under No. 536.659.923 (VAT BE 0536.659.923) (email: …).
The required data are transmitted via a secure server and are stored in a database.
Collection of necessary data
The personal information collected may be the following:
- Your contact information: name, address, phone number, e-mail, date of birth, gender, etc.
- All of the information encoded in your user profile of the Website, as well as the preferences saved by you.
- Information about previous orders.
- Any content that you generate or related to your account
- Financial information relating to a transaction (account number, credit card number, etc.)
- All relevant information for delivery, invoicing or other, used for a purchase on the Website
- The information communicated during your exchanges with COL&MACARTHUR or other users of the Website
- The IP address that is assigned to you when you connect, as well as the date and time of access to the site
- Your browsing history
- The type of device, the type of browser used, and the platform and/or the operating system installed on the device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- The search engine as well as the keywords used to find the Website
- Geolocation information, including information on the location of your device (the geolocation service can be disabled on most mobile devices)
- Personal information collected with the assistance of cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies
COL&MACARTHUR may also collect information from other sources including public sources or third parties, within the legal limits.
Possibly, if the Website provides for this, it is also possible that you share information social media, in particular to connect to the Website, and that we keep these data. These social media may automatically give us access to some of your personal information they have stored. These elements can be controlled via the configuration of the privacy settings of the social media concerned.
If you provide us with personal information about a third person, you must only do so with their express and prior consent. You must inform this third party of the way in which we collect, use, disclose and store their personal information.
Purposes of the processing
Your personal data are always processed in accordance with the legislation in force.
The data are collected to enable the contract concluded to be fulfilled, proper use and improvement of the services offered, management of users and also in order to combat misuse, the hijacking of the services offered and/or irregularities. They can also be used by COL&MACARTHUR to communicate information about its products and/or the products of its partners.
More specifically, COL&MACARTHUR may use and store the personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide, improve and customise the services offered
- Enable access to the services and their use, as well as their assessment
- Follow-up your training, your interests, etc.
- Allow you access to your order history, your internal messages and other features
- Provide you with other services according to your interests and the data collected
- Provide you with services according to your location (advertisements, search results and other personalised content), thanks to geolocation
- Contact you (by any means, according to the information provided by you) about your account and provide you with a customer service or deal with technical problems, settle a dispute, recover fees or sums of money owed, obtain your opinion with the help of questionnaires, respond to your requests, send you a newsletter, contact you for prospecting purposes, unless you have expressly refused this use, etc.
- Personalise and improve advertising and marketing communications and assess them according to your preferences
- Offer you purchase coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our services and those of our partners
- Prevent, detect, limit and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities, as well as security vulnerabilities
In the event of a dispute, the personal data of the users concerned may be communicated to a third party responsible for managing disputes (law firm, collection agency, etc.), which will also ensure compliance with the legislation applicable to these information.
The data collected can be transferred to a third party, in particular in the event of a partnership or in the case of an assignment.
The data collected are stored on servers and are kept for the time required to carry out the purposes stated above. Once this period has elapsed the data are either deleted or archived anonymously and kept for purely statistical purposes. Protection of the data collected and stored meets the applicable standards in this field.
Access to data, corrections, objection and erasure
If you wish to obtain information about your personal data, their communication and whether these data undergo processing, you may ask COL&MACARTHUR. If the stored data are inaccurate, incomplete or not relevant, you may ask for them to be corrected free of charge provided it is a reasonable request.
You may choose the way in which we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information and offer you personalised and relevant advertisements (via the settings of your profile on the Website). You may also choose if you want to stay connected to your account.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link included in the email that you have received, change your settings or indicate your communication preferences in a direct communication with COL&MACARTHUR. You may also object to the processing of your data, in particular when they are collected for direct marketing purposes or request their deletion or prohibition of their use.
Any request must be made in writing, dated and signed, and accompanied by proof of identity, sent to COL&MACARTHUR’s registered office. Your request will be processed within one month.
COL&MACARTHUR disclaims any liability for any incorrect information communicated by users in their profile.
Each user is responsible for the confidentiality of their account on the Website, in particular by protecting it with a sufficiently complex password and for the use which is made of their account.
COL&MACARTHUR has taken all useful measures to secure the personal data collected and to prevent their theft, loss, destruction, corruption, etc. However, no technology is infallible and users are fully informed thereof. COL&MACARTHUR disclaims any liability, particularly in the case of loss, of total or partial destruction, corruption or fraudulent acquisition of data provided via its services, as well as in the event of damage resulting therefrom.
If you want more information about personal data and their processing, you can ask the Privacy Commission: www.privacycommission.be
Rue de la Presse, 35, at 1000 Brussels.
We also remain attentive to any comment you may wish to make regarding your privacy and the processing of your personal data.
You should have an information banner about cookies on your website.
I accept - Learn more”
The “I accept” button allows you to close the banner without going further. The “Learn more” button must link to an information page which can display the following text.
A cookie is a small text file saved on your computer (or your mobile device) by websites when you visit them. Cookies allow websites to remember your actions (user name, display settings, etc.), by retaining permanent or temporary information, thus avoiding you from having to encode them again when you return to the website. Cookies can only be used by the website which created them.
A cookie cannot identify the users of the website. Cookies record only information relating to your navigation on the Internet. These cookies allow the Provider to analyse the use of the site by its users (length of the visit, page visited, study for marketing needs, etc.).
Web markers are electronic images integrated into the code of a Web page that can fulfil the same functions as cookies. They are used to track users’ movements from one web page to another in order to optimise the traffic on the Website.
The advertisements which appear on the Website may be provided by third parties which use their own anonymous cookies to record certain data (e.g. the number of times a customer has seen its advertisement). These cookies cannot be modified or read by the Provider. For more information on these third-party advertising cookies, visit the www.youronlinechoices.com website.