Unless otherwise stated, the terms mentioned below correspond to the terms defined in the General Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website.
By using COL&MACARTHUR's services, you consent to the collection and processing of your personal data in accordance with the information set out below. In particular, you consent to our collection, use, disclosure, storage and protection of your personal information as described below. If you do not provide the required information, you may not be able to use all the services offered.
Privacy – Confidentiality
In order to use some of the services offered, it is necessary to provide an e-mail address and a password, as well as other personal data if necessary. This information is not visible to other users.
COL&MACARTHUR, as well as all related companies, its agents and representatives, undertake to process data in accordance with the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data.
The person responsible for processing the data collected is SRL COL & MACARTHUR, whose headquarter is established at RUE DU PONT 8/A - 4690 ROCLENGE-SUR-GEER, registered at the ECB under no. 536.659.923 (VAT BE 0536.659.923) (e-mail : …).
The required data are transmitted via a secure server and are stored in a database.
Collection of the necessary data
The personal information collected can be the following:
- Your contact details : name, address, telephone number, e-mail, date of birth, gender, etc.
- All the information encoded in your user profile on the Website, as well as the preferences recorded by you
- Information about previous orders
- Any content you generate or related to your account
- Financial information related to a transaction (account number, credit card number, etc.)
- Any relevant delivery, billing or other information used in connection with a purchase on the Website
- Information transmitted in connection with your interaction with COL&MACARTHUR or other users of the Website
- The IP address assigned to you when you log on and the date and time you access the Website
- Your browsing history
- The type of device, the type of browser used, as well as the platform and/or operating system installed on the device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- The search engine and the keywords used to find the Website
- Geolocation information, including information about the location of your device (the geolocation service can be disabled on most mobile devices)
- Personal information collected through cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies
COL&MACARTHUR may also collect information from other sources, including public and third party sources, to the extent permitted by law.
Where applicable, if provided for on the Website, you may also share information from social media, including to connect to the Website, and we may retain that data. These social media may automatically give us access to some of your personal information that they have stored. This can be controlled via the privacy settings of the relevant social media.
If you provide us with personal information about a third party, you should only do so with their express prior consent. You must instruct that third party about how we collect, use, disclose and store their personal information.
Purposes of processing
Your personal data is always processed in accordance with the applicable legislation.
The data is collected in order to enable the fulfilment of the contract concluded, the proper use and improvement of the services offered, the management of the users, as well as to fight against abuse, misuse of the services offered and/or irregularities. It may also be used by COL&MACARTHUR to communicate information about its products and/or the products of its partners.
More specifically, COL&MACARTHUR may use and store personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide, improve and personalise the services offered
- To enable access to and use of the services and to evaluate them
- Track your education, interests, etc.
- Allow you to access your order history, internal messages and other features
- Provide you with other services based on your interests and the data collected
- Offer you services based on your location (advertisements, search results and other personalised content), thanks to geolocation
- Contact you (by any means, depending on the information you provide) about your account and provide you with customer service or deal with technical problems, resolve a dispute, collect fees or monies owed, collect your feedback through questionnaires, respond to your requests, send you a newsletter, contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly opted out of such use, etc.
- To personalise and improve advertising and marketing communications and to evaluate them according to your preferences
- To offer you vouchers, discounts and special promotions, and to inform you about our services and those of our partners
- To prevent, detect, limit and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities and security breaches
In the event of a dispute, the personal data of the users concerned may be passed on to a third party responsible for managing disputes (law firm, collection company, etc.) who will also ensure that the applicable legislation is respected with regard to this information.
The data collected may be transferred to a third party, in particular in the event of a partnership or in the event of a possible transfer.
The data collected is stored on servers and is kept for the time necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned above. Once this period has elapsed, the data is either deleted or archived anonymously and kept for purely statistical purposes. The protection of the data collected and stored complies with the applicable standards.
Access to data, rectification, objection and deletion
If you wish to obtain information about your personal data, its disclosure and whether it is being processed, you can contact COL&MACARTHUR. If the data we hold is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, you can request that it be corrected free of charge, provided that this is a reasonable request.
You can choose how we use your personal information to communicate with you, send you marketing information and provide you with relevant personalised advertising (via your profile settings on the Website). You can also choose whether you want to remain logged in to your account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link included in the email you received, change your settings or indicate your communication preferences in a direct communication with COL&MACARTHUR. You may also object to the processing of your data, in particular where it is collected for direct marketing purposes, or request that it be deleted or that its use be prohibited.
All requests must be made in writing, dated and signed and accompanied by proof of identity, and sent to COL&MACARTHUR's registered office. Your request will be processed within one month.
COL&MACARTHUR accepts no responsibility for any incorrect information provided by users in their profile.
Each user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account on the Website, in particular by protecting it with a sufficiently sophisticated password, and for the use made of their account.
COL&MACARTHUR has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal data collected and to prevent its theft, loss, destruction, corruption, etc. However, no technology is infallible and users are fully aware of this. COL&MACARTHUR accepts no responsibility for the loss, destruction or partial destruction, corruption or fraudulent acquisition of data provided via its services, nor for any damage resulting from this.
If you would like more information about personal data and their processing, you can contact the Commission for the Protection of Privacy: www.privacycommission.be
Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Brussels.
We also welcome any comments you may have regarding your privacy and the processing of your personal data.
It is advisable to have an information banner on your website concerning cookies.
The "I accept" button allows you to close the banner without going any further. The "learn more" button should link to an information page which may include the following text.
A cookie is a small text file saved on your computer (or mobile device) by websites when you visit them. Cookies allow websites to remember your actions (username, display settings, etc.), storing permanent or temporary information, so that you do not have to re-enter it when you return to the website. Cookies can only be used by the website that created it.
A cookie does not identify the users of the website. Cookies only record information about your web browsing. These cookies allow the Service Provider to analyse the use of the website by its users (length of visit, page visited, study for marketing purposes, etc.).
Web beacons are electronic images embedded in the code of a web page that can perform the same functions as cookies. They allow us to track users' movements from one web page to another in order to optimise traffic on the Website.
Advertisements displayed on the Website may be provided by third parties who use their own anonymous cookies to track certain data (e.g. the number of times a customer has seen their advertisement). These cookies cannot be modified or read by the provider. For more information on these third party advertising cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com